WEEKLY COMMUNITY CALL MEETING
Please join our Oct. 24 Community Call, which is our annual post-symposium ‘Welcome to OHDSI’ session. While this session can be informative for anybody in the community, we especially welcome those who joined their first OHDSI Symposium and want to learn more about how to get involved in our global mission of improving health by empowering a community to collaboratively generate the evidence that promotes better health decisions and better care.
Everybody is invited. Calendar invites went out last week. If you did not receive one, please use this link to join the meeting. All recordings from these weekly calls are available within our Teams environment and will be posted on both our YouTube page and our OHDSI.org Community Calls page.
• Congratulations to the team of Anna Ostropolets, George Hripcsak, Syed A Husain, Lauren R Richter, Matthew Spotnitz, Ahmed Elhussein, and Patrick Ryan on the publication of Scalable and interpretable alternative to chart review for phenotype evaluation using standardized structured data from electronic health records in JAMIA.
• Congratulations to the team of Rosemarie Sadsad, Gema Ruber, Johnson Zhou, Steven Nicklin, and Guy Tsafnat on the publication of A computable biomedical knowledge object for calculating in-hospital mortality for patients admitted with acute myocardial infarction in Learning Health Systems.
• Congratulations to the team of Evgeniy Krastev, Dimitar Tcharaktchiev, Simeon Abanos on the publication of Application of OMOP Common Data Model for Data Integration: The Bulgarian Diabetes Register in Volume 309: Telehealth Ecosystems in Practice in Studies in Health Technology and Informatics.
• Congratulations to our 2023 Titan Award winners:
Data Standards: Gowtham Rao and Azza Shoaibi
Methodological Research: Jiayi (Jessie) Tong
Open-Source Development: Katy Sadowski
Clinical Applications: Center for Surgical Science
Community Leadership: Nicole Pratt
Community Collaboration: Cynthia Sung
Community Support: Gyeol Song
Thank you to everybody who joined us for the 2023 OHDSI Global Symposium. If you did not already do so, please fill out our symposium evaluation form.
• The latest edition of the Our Journey annual report was shared at the Global Symposium, but there is a digital version that you can access on the OHDSI website.
• Research from the 2023 Europe Symposium Collaborator Showcase in Rotterdam can be viewed on the Europe Symposium Showcase homepage. Research is also being shared daily on OHDSI’s LinkedIn and Twitter feeds as part of the #OHDSISocialShowcase. Below are posters (with study leads) that are featured this week:
Monday — Building an OMOP CDM repository from OpenEHR: implementation experience of INFOBANCO (Miguel Pedrera-Jiménez)
Tuesday – Data OMOPisation of cancer data at Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc (Joëlle Thonnard)
Wednesday – Performance Improvement of Post-ETL in OMOP CDM (Wai Yi Man)
Thursday – Changes in Incidence of Screening and Diagnostic Tests, Breast, Colorectal, Lung and Prostate Cancer, Before, During and After the UK National COVID-19 Lockdowns: A Cohort Study (Nicola Barclay)
Friday – COVID-19 vaccines effectiveness against thromboembolic complications in the post-acute phase of the COVID-19 infection: a staggered cohort study using UK primary care electronic health records (Núria Mercadé-Besora)
• The new Community Dashboard is available on OHDSI.org. The dashboard includes tracking sites for publications, YouTube videos, EHDEN Academy courses, network studies, the phenotype explorer, and opportunities.
HADES Development Announcements
• Katy Sadowski announced the release of DataQualityDashboard 2.4.1. The release contains some minor updates to documentation; improvements to remote DB tests; and a patch to address a dependency issue.
• Ajit Londhe recently posted that Boehringer Ingelheim is hiring for two positions: (1) Director, Real World Data & Analytics – Data Domain Owner (this position will lead acquisition strategy for real-world data sources for possible in-license/ purchase and additional analytical tools for in-house analytic needs across the organization … responsible for oversight of operational governance tasks & real-world data life cycle governance … US-based, remote location); and (2) Real World Evidence Data Engineer (IT position supporting RWE teams’ technology needs, including OHDSI stack support … based in Spain only).
• Yuan Lu, Assistant Professor at Yale University, announced an opening for a Postdoctoral Associate/Data Analyst at the Yale University School of Medicine. This person will work on the LEGEND Hypertension Project. More information, including job description, key responsibilities and qualifications, are available here. If interested, please reach out to Dr. Lu at email@example.com.
Accessing MSTeams: To join OHDSI Teams, please fill out this form: Join OHDSI Teams
If you are already in the OHDSI Teams environment and you would like to join work groups in teams, please fill out this form: Join Workgroups, Chapters, and Studies
Teams Best Practices and Guidance: For guidance on MS Teams, please check out this link
Duplicate email removal from OHDSI Teams: As you should always be using one email in OHDSI Teams when joining all workgroups, you may remove duplicate emails by filling out this form
To unsubscribe from Teams, please fill out this form
Please continue to collaborate in our MS Teams environment, check out the OHDSI website and forums , and follow us on all platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn to get continued updates and information on everything happening in our community