To recognize OHDSI collaborators (or collaborating institutions) for their contributions towards OHDSI’s mission, the OHDSI Titan Awards were introduced at the 2018 Symposium and were handed out once again during the 2019 Symposium.
Annually, community members are invited to nominate individuals or institutions they feel have made significant contributions towards advancing OHDSI’s mission, vision and values. Once nominations are submitted, the OHDSI Titan Award Committee will select the award winners. Award winners will be announced before the networking reception at the annual symposium.
The award categories, as well as all previous recipients, can be found below.
Titan Award for Data Standards – to recognize extraordinary contributions by an individual, organization, or team in development or evaluation in community data standards, including OMOP common data model and standardized vocabularies
- 2019 – Oncology Workgroup (Michael Gurley/Northwestern Univ., Rimma Belenkaya, MS, MA/Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Robert Miller, MS/Tufts CTSI)
- 2018 – Vocabulary team (Christian Reich, MD, PhD/IQVIA, Anna Ostropolets/Columbia Univ., Dmitry Dymshyts, MD/Odysseus Data Services)
Titan Award for Methodological Research – to recognize extraordinary contributions by an individual, organization, or team in development or evaluation in analytical methods for clinical characterization, population-level effect estimation, or patient-level prediction
- 2019 – Jenna Reps, PhD/Janssen Research and Development
- 2018 – Martijn Schuemie, PhD/Janssen Research and Development, Marc Suchard, MD, PhD/University of California, Los Angeles
Titan Award for Open-source Development – to recognize extraordinary contributions by an individual in design, development, testing, and deployment of open-source software to enable observational analyses
- 2019 – Pavel Grafkin/Odysseus Data Services
- 2018 – Christopher Knoll/Janssen Research and Development
Titan Award for Clinical Application – to recognize extraordinary contributions by an individual, organization, or team in generating clinical evidence that improves health by informing better health decisions and better care
- 2019 – Oxford Study-A-Thon (Dani Prieto-Alhambra, MD, MSc, PhD/University of Oxford, Edward Burn, Jamie Weaver, MPH, MS/Janssen Research and Development, Ross Williams, MSc/Erasmus University Medical Center)
- 2018 – Seng Chan You, MD, MS/Ajou University
Titan Award for Community Collaboration – to recognize an individual for their collaborative spirit in helping their fellow community members reach their goals
- 2019 – Andrew Williams, PhD/Tufts Medical Center
- 2018 – Kristin Kostka, MPH/Deloitte, Mui Van Zandt/IQVIA
Titan Award for Community Leadership – to recognize an individual for their leadership in advancing the OHDSI mission
- 2019 – Peter Rijnbeek, PhD/Erasmus University Medical Center
- 2018 – Rae Woong Park, MD, PhD/Ajou University School of Medicine
Titan Award for Community Support – to recognize an individual, team, or organization for their contributions to ensuring the sustainability of the OHDSI community