WEEKLY COMMUNITY CALL MEETINGS
Please join us Tuesday, Oct. 4 (11 am ET) for another session of OHDSI Debates! Four members of the OHDSI community will join this call to take part in two debates, and you will help judge the winners!
Debate 1: Where should we focus OHDSI’s open-source development activities: Web-based front-ends to enable broader adoption vs. R package back-end development for advanced large-scale analytics
Debaters: Adam Black (Data Scientist, Odysseus Data Services, Inc.) vs. Jamie Gilbert (Manager in Epidemiology Analytics, Janssen Research & Development)
Debate 2: Strategy for OHDSI network studies: Get as many databases as possible vs. Get enough to answer the question quickly
Debaters: Erica Voss (Director, Janssen Research & Development) vs. Ed Burn (Senior Researcher in Epidemiology and Health Economics, University of Oxford)
Everybody is invited. Calendar invites for our 2022 community calls go out each Friday. If you did not receive one, please use this link to join the meeting. All recordings from these weekly meetings will be posted on both our main OHDSI Teams tenant and on our OHDSI.org Community Calls page.
WEEKLY WORKING GROUP MEETINGS
Common Data Model WG: Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 10am ET (Meeting Link )
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 10am and 1pm ET, respectively.
Medical Imaging WG: Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 7am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Wednesday alternating between 7am and 7pm ET.
Psychiatry WG: Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 8am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the first Wednesday of each month at 8am ET.
Atlas WG: Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 9am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the first Wednesday of each month at 9am ET.
Open-Source Community WG: Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 11am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Wednesday art 11am ET.
Health Equity Work Group: Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 12pm ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the first Wednesday of the month at 12pm ET.
FHIR and OMOP WG-Terminologies Subgroup: Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 12pm ET (European & Eastern US Time zone): (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Wednesday at 12pm ET NOTE: This meeting takes place on Zoom but please check the Teams Work Group for information and updates (Meeting ID: 924 8598 5949; Passcode: 477364)
FHIR and OMOP WG – Data Model Harmonization Subgroup: Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 1pm PST (Western Hemisphere) (Meeting Link) Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the 1st Wednesday of the month at 1pm PST. NOTE: This meeting takes place on Zoom but please check the Teams Work Group for information and updates (Meeting ID: 912 9699 3374; Passcode: 551570)
Patient-Level Prediction/Pop. Level Estimation WG Meeting (Eastern Hemi): Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 4pm KST (2AM ET) (Meeting Link) Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the first Wednesday of every month at 4pm KST.
Data Quality Dashboard Development WG: Thursday, Oct. 6 at 10am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Thursday at 10am ET
FHIR and OMOP WG-Oncology Subgroup: Thursday, Oct. 6 at 12pm ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every Thursday at 12pm ET
Patient-Level Prediction/Pop. Level Estimation WG Meeting (Western Hemi): Thursday, Oct. 6 at 12pm ET (Meeting Link) Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the first Thursday of every month at 12pm ET.
OMOP CDM Oncology- Vocabulary /Development Subgroup: Thursday, Oct. 6 at 1pm ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month at 1pm ET
GIS-Geographic Information System WG GENERAL Meeting: Friday, Oct. 7 at 9am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Friday at 9am ET.
Education WG: Friday, Oct. 7 at 9am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every 4 weeks on Friday of each month at 9am ET.
Healthcare Systems Interest Group (formerly Electronic Health Record WG): Monday, Oct 10 at 10am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Monday at 10am ET
• Jon Duke recently announced an opening for a Branch Head – Health Interoperability and Security-ICL in the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI). The application deadline is Nov. 13, 2022. More information and an application link is available here.
• Tim Burdick posted an opening for a Senior Database Developer at Dartmouth Health (DH). This position would be the lead developer for DH research database management systems, including OMOP, as well as i2b2, TriNetX, tiCrypt, and research use of REDCap. More information on this remote position, as well as an application link, is available here.
• Talita Duarte-Salles, a 2020 OHDSI Titan Award honoree, recently announced an opening for a post-doc to join her Real World Epidemiology group at the The Institut d’Investigació en Atenció Primària Jordi Gol (IDIAPJGol); more information is available here.
• The updates version of the 2022 Symposium agenda is now available, and it includes all the posters and software demos that will be included in the collaborator showcase. If you haven’t registered yet, you can still do on our OHDSI2022 homepage.
• Do you want to promote your OHDSI poster or software demo during the “Mad Minutes” Oct. 11 community call, the final one before the symposium? Sign up now, and we will give as many collaborators as possible 60 seconds to tell the community why they should visit you during the Collaborator Showcase.
• The latest edition of The Journey Newsletter is now available. It includes information on the symposium, the Clinical Registries and HTA Challenge sessions, a collaborator spotlight on Jing Li, publications from September, and plenty more. If you don’t receive our monthly newsletter, you can sign up here.
• The new India Regional Chapter was announced recently. Learn more about the chapter, its goals, and how to collaborate with this chapter in this flyer.
• The 2022 Asia-Pacific (APAC) Symposium will be held Nov. 12-13 at the Taipei Medical University in Taiwan. There will be both in-person and remote components to this event, which will include tutorials on Nov. 12 and the main conference on Nov. 13. More information and registration links are available here.
2022 OHDSI Symposium
The full agenda for the OHDSI 2022 Symposium is now available. Check out the main conference schedule, which includes a plenary on objective diagnostics, presentations around OHDSI support for regulatory authorities, the collaborator showcase and plenty more.
Registration remains opened for the 2022 OHDSI Symposium, which will be held Oct. 14-16 at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. The main conference will be held Friday, Oct. 14, while a full-day tutorial (An Introductory Journey from Data to Evidence) will be held Saturday, Oct. 15. There will be several workgroup activities between Oct. 15-16 as well. Here are several important links for #OHDSI2022.
Full Symposium: Homepage | FAQs
Oct. 14 – Main Conference: Information | Registration | Collaborator Showcase
Oct. 15 – Tutorial: Information | Registration
Oct. 15-16 – Workgroup Activities: Information | Registration
HOTEL SLEEPING ROOMS:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE OHDSI ROOM BLOCK HAS SOLD OUT BUT YOU CAN STILL MAKE A HOTEL ROOM ON THE HOTEL’S WEBSITE.
Rockville, MD Hotel | Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
GUEST-ROOM WI-FI: to get free guest room Wi-fi at the symposium you can join the Marriott rewards program here https://www.marriott.com/loyalty.mi
FOR A LIST OF OTHER HOTELS IN THE BETHESDA AREA, YOU MAY CLICK THIS LINK HOTELS-IN-THE-BETHESDA-AREA.pdf (ohdsi.org)
Accessing MSTeams: To join OHDSI Teams, please fill out this form: Join OHDSI Teams
If you are already in the OHDSI Teams environment and you would like to join work groups in teams, please fill out this form: Join Workgroups, Chapters, and Studies
Teams Best Practices and Guidance: For guidance on MS Teams, please check out this link
Duplicate email removal from OHDSI Teams: As you should always be using one email in OHDSI Teams when joining all workgroups, you may remove duplicate emails by filling out this form
Please continue to collaborate in our MS Teams environment, check out the OHDSI website and forums , and follow us on all platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn to get continued updates and information on everything happening in our community