WEEKLY COMMUNITY CALL MEETING
Please join our Oct. 31 Community Call (11 am ET) for the second half of our Welcome to OHDSI session. While the first session featured an overview of the community and an opportunity for introductions, we would like to spend the second session answering your questions about OHDSI. We received some questions on Tuesday, but we invite everybody to add their own questions using this forum post.
Everybody is invited. Calendar invites went out last week. If you did not receive one, please use this link to join the meeting. All recordings from these weekly calls are available within our Teams environment and will be posted on both our YouTube page and our OHDSI.org Community Calls page.
Congratulations to the team of Berta Raventós, Martí Català, Mike Du, Yuchen Guo, Adam Black, Ger Inberg, Xintong Li, Kim López-Güell, Danielle Newby, Maria de Ridder, Cesar Barboza, Talita Duarte-Salles, Katia Verhamme, Peter Rijnbeek, Daniel Prieto Alhambra, and Edward Burn on the publication of IncidencePrevalence: An R package to calculate population-level incidence rates and prevalence using the OMOP common data model in Pharmacoepidemiology & Drug Safety.
The 2023 Global Symposium home page has posted slides for all of the Friday talks, and videos of the presentations and the “Welcome to OHDSI” tutorial will likely be posted early this week. Please check out this page for all material related to the event.
• Atif Adam is a systems scientist and researcher boasting over a decade of diversified experience spanning academia, industry, and entrepreneurial ventures. He attained his doctorate in Health Systems Science and Computational Epidemiology. In addition, Dr. Adam completed his clinical training in Internal Medicine and secured master’s degrees in Health Policy and Spatial Epidemiology. Relatively new to the community, he has taken a leadership role within the Health Equity workgroup, and he joined both the Steering Group and 2023 Scientific Review committee. He discusses his career journey, challenges in health equity and how OHDSI is dealing with them, advice for newcomers in OHDSI, and plenty more in the latest Collaborator Spotlight.
• The latest edition of the Our Journey annual report was shared at the Global Symposium, but there is a digital version that you can access on the OHDSI website.
• Research from both the 2023 Europe Symposium and Global Symposium Collaborator Showcase in Rotterdam can be viewed on the Europe and Global Symposium Showcase pages. Research is also being shared daily on OHDSI’s LinkedIn, Twitter/X and Instagram feeds as part of the #OHDSISocialShowcase. Below are posters (with study leads) that are featured this week:
Monday — Automated Concept Mapping System for OMOP using Vector Representations and Cross-hospital Mapping (Martina Carres)
Tuesday – Mapping Dental Use Cases to the OMOP-CDM: Vocabulary and Common Data Model Evaluation (Robert Koski)
Thursday – Comparing Penalization Methods for Linear Models on Large Observational Health Data (Egill Fridgeirsson)
• The new Community Dashboard is available on OHDSI.org. The dashboard includes tracking sites for publications, YouTube videos, EHDEN Academy courses, network studies, the phenotype explorer, and opportunities.
• Ajit Londhe recently posted that Boehringer Ingelheim is hiring for two positions: (1) Director, Real World Data & Analytics – Data Domain Owner (this position will lead acquisition strategy for real-world data sources for possible in-license/ purchase and additional analytical tools for in-house analytic needs across the organization … responsible for oversight of operational governance tasks & real-world data life cycle governance … US-based, remote location); and (2) Real World Evidence Data Engineer (IT position supporting RWE teams’ technology needs, including OHDSI stack support … based in Spain only).
• Yuan Lu, Assistant Professor at Yale University, announced an opening for a Postdoctoral Associate/Data Analyst at the Yale University School of Medicine. This person will work on the LEGEND Hypertension Project. More information, including job description, key responsibilities and qualifications, are available here. If interested, please reach out to Dr. Lu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessing MSTeams: To join OHDSI Teams, please fill out this form: Join OHDSI Teams
If you are already in the OHDSI Teams environment and you would like to join work groups in teams, please fill out this form: Join Workgroups, Chapters, and Studies
Teams Best Practices and Guidance: For guidance on MS Teams, please check out this link
Duplicate email removal from OHDSI Teams: As you should always be using one email in OHDSI Teams when joining all workgroups, you may remove duplicate emails by filling out this form
To unsubscribe from Teams, please fill out this form
Please continue to collaborate in our MS Teams environment, check out the OHDSI website and forums , and follow us on all platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn to get continued updates and information on everything happening in our community