WEEKLY COMMUNITY CALL MEETINGS
Please join us Tuesday, March 1 (11 am ET) for our next OHDSI community call, which will include final reflections on Phenotype Phebruary, and then breakout discussions on what is happening around the three main OHDSI focuses, and how do we collaborate to accomplish our 2022 OKRs.
• Patrick Ryan will lead the third update on Phenotype Phebruary, which you can join in the daily conversations at the OHDSI forums or at the event homepage
• Anthony Sena and Aniek Markus will lead our conversation in work around Characterization
• Martijn Schuemie and Marc Suchard will lead our conversation in work around Estimation
• Jenna Reps and Ross Williams will lead our conversation in work around Prediction
Following the Phenotype Phebruary report, everybody interested in the characterization discussion will remain in the same meeting link. Those who are interested in the estimation discussion will use this link, while those interested in the prediction discussion will use this link.
Everybody is invited. Calendar invites for our 2022 community calls go out each Friday. If you did not receive one, please use this link to join the meeting. All recordings from these weekly meetings will be posted on both our main OHDSI Teams tenant and on our OHDSI.org Community Calls page.
WEEKLY WORKING GROUP CALL MEETINGS
Common Data Model WG: Tuesday, March 1 at 10 am ET (Meeting Link )
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 10am and 1 pm ET, respectively.
Atlas WG: Wednesday, March 2 at 9 am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the first Wednesday of each month at 9 am ET.
FHIR and OMOP WG- Digital Quality Measurements Subgroup: Wed. March 2 at 10am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Wednesday at 10 am ET. NOTE: This meeting takes place on Zoom but please check the Teams Work Group for information and updates Zoom Details: Meeting ID: 836 4585 6405 Passcode: 552204
FHIR and OMOP WG – Data Model Harmonization Subgroup: Wednesday, March 2 at 1 pm PST (Western Hemisphere) (Meeting Link) Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the 1st Wednesday of the month at 1 pm PST. NOTE: This meeting takes place on Zoom but please check the Teams Work Group for information and updates (Meeting ID: 912 9699 3374 Passcode: 551570)
Patient-Level Prediction/Pop. Level Estimation WG Meeting (Eastern Hemi): Wednesday, March 2 at 4 pm KST (2AM ET) (Meeting Link) Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the first Wednesday of every month at 4 pm KST.
Psychiatry WG: TBD FOR SCHEDULE (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Thursday at 8 am ET.
Patient-Level Prediction/Pop. Level Estimation WG Meeting (Western Hemi): Thursday, March 3 at 12 pm ET (Meeting Link) Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the first Thursday of every month at 12 pm ET.
FHIR and OMOP WG-Oncology Subgroup: Thursday, March 3 at 12 pm ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Thursday at 12pm ET
FHIR and OMOP WG-Terminologies Subgroup: Meeting: Thursday, March 3 at 6pm ET (Pacific & Western Time zone participants) : (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Thursday at 6pm ET. NOTE: This meeting takes place on Zoom but please check the Teams Work Group for information and updates (Meeting ID: 685 509 3136 Passcode: 710256)
Clinical Trials WG: Friday, March 4 at 10:30 am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Friday at 10:30 am ET.
GIS-Geographic Information System WG GENERAL Meeting: Monday, March 7 at 10 am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Monday at 10 am ET.
Congratulations to the team of Edward Burn, Xintong Li, Kristin Kostka, Henry Morgan Stewart, Christian Reich, Sarah Seager, Talita Duarte-Salles, Sergio Fernandez-Bertolin, María Aragón, Carlen Reyes, Eugenia Martinez-Hernandez, Edelmira Marti, Antonella Delmestri, Katia Verhamme, Peter Rijnbeek, Scott Horban, Daniel Morales, and Daniel Prieto-Alhambra on the recent publication of Background rates of five thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndromes of special interest for COVID-19 vaccine safety surveillance: Incidence between 2017 and 2019 and patient profiles from 38.6 million people in six European countries in Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety.
• Congratulations to the team of Emily Pfaff, Melissa Haendel, Kristin Kostka, Adam Lee, Emily Niehaus, Matvey Palchuk, Kellie Walters, and Christopher Chute on the recent publication of Ensuring a safe(r) harbor: Excising personally identifiable information from structured electronic health record data in the Journal of Clinical and Translational Science.
As announced at our last community call, the 2022 OHDSI U.S. Symposium will be held Oct. 14-16, with the main symposium set for Oct. 14. We will have more information on the event in the coming weeks, but please save those dates for #OHDSI2022.
• Phenotype Phebruary is now in its final week, and it has been amazing to watch the activity ongoing on so many threads discussing different phenotypes developments & evaluation. Each daily post is linked on this page on OHDSI.org: Phenotype Phebruary Daily Updates – OHDSI. You can find each phenotype topic and post from the last week below; please check them out and continue the conversations. Thank you to Asieh Golozar, Rupa Makadia, Jill Hardin, Erica Voss, Tiffany Callahan, Juan Banda, and Anna Ostropolets for leading these discussions.
Feb. 21 • Prostate Cancer
Feb. 22 • HIV
Feb. 23 • Hidradenitis Suppurativa
Feb. 24 • Anaphylaxis
Feb. 25 • Depression
Feb. 26 • Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer
Feb. 27 • Drug-Induced Liver Injury
Clair Blacketer led Part 2 of a CDM Workshop for the Asia-Pacific (APAC) community as part of the most recent APAC Community Call (see video here). Clair will lead a two-part workshop on the global community call over the next two weeks.
• Curious about the Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) set by our various workgroups. These were presented at a recent meeting between workgroup leads, and they have been posted to the new OHDSI Workgroups page. If you want to join any of our workgroups, please fill out this form.
• The 2022 OHDSI European Symposium, which will be held at the Steam Ship Rotterdam in The Netherlands, will be held June 24-26. The main symposium will be June 24, and tutorials will be held June 25-26. For more information and the registration link, please visit the symposium homepage.
• The #OHDSISocialShowcase wraps up this week, as we highlight all the global research presented at the OHDSI Symposium. Here is a look at the research being shared this week on Twitter and LinkedIn; please check them out and share with your own networks!
Monday: OMOP-CDM ETLs with Dask and Prefect
Tuesday: Learning under constraints with EXPLORE
Wednesday: Estimating Model Performance on External Datasets from Their Limited Statistical Characteristics: Application to 3-Year Surgery Risk in Ulcerative Colitis
Accessing MSTeams: To join OHDSI Teams, please fill out this form: Join OHDSI Teams
If you are already in the OHDSI Teams environment and you would like to join work groups in teams, please fill out this form: Join Workgroups, Chapters, and Studies
Teams Best Practices and Guidance : For guidance on MS Teams, please log into OHDSI Teams and check out this channel located in the OHDSI Team Teams Best Practices and Guidance
**you can also find the document on our website ohdsi.org under “Collaborate with OHDSI in MS Teams.”
Please continue to collaborate in our MS Teams environment, check out the OHDSI website and forums , and follow us on all platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn to get continued updates and information on everything happening in our community