Date(s) - 09/15/2019 - 09/17/2019
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Categories No Categories
OHDSI’s mission is to improve health, by empowering a community to collaboratively generate the evidence that promotes better health decisions and better care. As a community we envision a world in which observational research produces a comprehensive understanding of health and disease. OHDSI promotes a collaborative approach to research and has rapidly grown into a vibrant international community. Everyone is welcome to actively participate in OHDSI, whether as a patient, a health professional, a researcher, or someone who simply believes in our cause
The fifth annual OHDSI symposium will promote this vision and provide OHDSI collaborators an opportunity to share our accomplishments with the broader healthcare community. The day will include a collaborator showcase involving a poster session to highlight OHDSI’s research achievements and interactive demonstrations of OHDSI’s open-source software tools that will revolutionize how medical evidence is generated.
The 2019 OHDSI symposium will take place on Monday, September 16th at the at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, located at 5701 Marinelli Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852.
Intro tutorials will be offered on Sunday, September 15th and advanced tutorials will be available on Tuesday, September 17th. Registration for tutorials will be separate from registration for the main symposium.
There is no fee to attend the symposium.
Stakeholders from the following organizations who would benefit from the presentations and discussions during and following this event, include but are not limited to:
- FDA, CMS, CDC, NIH, AHRQ, HHS, PCORI, DoD
- AMIA, Technology and Software developers
- Academia, Centers of Excellence
- Groups involved in the discovery of new pathways for treatment of cancer and other diseases
- Pharmaceutical and Device Industry
- Health-care start-ups, Healthcare payers and providers
- Clinicians, Patients, and Disease-focused Patient Advocates and Foundations
- Data standardization organizations
- People most interested in addressing these issues, because they are the most directly affected by the problems.
- Senior management interested in breaking the cycle
We are now accepting submissions for the 2019 Collaborator Showcase. Please see the below links:
We are now accepting Creative submissions to display your special talent at the Symposium. Please click here for more details: Creative Submissions Page
Please visit the tutorial workshop page to see the workshop offerings at the 2019 OHDSI Symposium Tutorial Workshops Page
Please visit the tutorial workshops registration page to register for a workshop Tutorial Registration Page
In order to register for the 2019 OHDSI Symposium, please click here Symposium Registration Page