ABOUT THE SYMPOSIUM
OHDSI’s mission is to improve health, by empowering a community to collaboratively generate the evidence that promotes better health decisions and better care. As a community we envision a world in which observational research produces a comprehensive understanding of health and disease. OHDSI promotes a collaborative approach to research and has rapidly grown into a vibrant international community. Everyone is welcome to actively participate in OHDSI, whether as a patient, a health professional, a researcher, or someone who simply believes in our cause
The fourth annual OHDSI symposium will promote this vision and provide OHDSI collaborators an opportunity to share our accomplishments with the broader healthcare community. The day will include a collaborator showcase involving a poster session to highlight OHDSI’s research achievements and interactive demonstrations of OHDSI’s open-source software tools that will revolutionize how medical evidence is generated.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Stakeholders from the following organizations who would benefit from the presentations and discussions during and following this event, include but are not limited to:
- FDA, CMS, CDC, NIH, AHRQ, HHS, PCORI, DoD
- AMIA, Technology and Software developers
- Academia, Centers of Excellence
- Groups involved in the discovery of new pathways for treatment of cancer and other diseases
- Pharmaceutical and Device Industry
- Health-care start-ups, Healthcare payers and providers
- Clinicians, Patients, and Disease-focused Patient Advocates and Foundations
- Data standardization organizations
- Stakeholders include:
- People most interested in addressing these issues, because they are the most directly affected by the problems.
- Senior management interested in breaking the cycle
The Symposium will be held on Friday, October 12, 2018 at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference located at 5701 Marinelli Road, North Bethesda, MD, 20852.
Tutorial workshops will be held on Thursday, October 11 and Saturday, October 13. Please see the Tutorial Workshop page for more information on these courses.