Date(s) - 06/03/2019 - 06/04/2019
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Case Western Reserve University
Categories No Categories
The Cleveland Institute for Computational Biology and Case Western Reserve University is thrilled to announce that they will be hosting the upcoming F2F meeting in Cleveland, OH.
What happens when collaborators from across the OHDSI community come together? We run a study!
BUT this time we DOCUMENT every step along the way, so it is a “Doc-A –Thon” basically!
The Goal of this F2F is to generate documentation, produce material to share with the OHDSI community and integrate all of this in “The Book of OHDSI”.
We want to increase the accessibility to the OHDSI tools by providing some kind of “step by step” instructions on how to run a study in the OHDSI community, it’ll look like this:
Step #1: Explore the OHDSI vocabulary
Step #2: Create cohorts
Step #3: Produce negative controls, perform empirical calibration
Step #4: Make the analytic design choices
Step #5: Explore the R packages available and determine the appropriate (Prepare the R package)
Step #6: Run the Cohort characterization
Step #7: Run the Patient Level prediction
Step #8: Run the Population level estimation results
Step #9: Interpret the Cohort characterization results
Step #10: Interpret the Patient Level prediction results
Step #11: Interpret the Population level estimation results
Step #12: Set up a network study
The attendees will be divided into groups responsible for a different step. Within these groups, one part of the attendees will be responsible to execute the step and the other part, in parallel, will be responsible to document the process.
Not sure if you should attend? If one of the following statements applies to you, we’d encourage you to register:
- You are passionate about documentation.
- You want to contribute to the OHDSI community by creating “Step by Step” documentation material that will be widely shared.
- You want to learn and dive into the details of how to execute one or more of these steps.
- You want to document the process.
- You want to use the OHDSI tools to run the study.
- You want to be the coordinator of one or more of these steps.
- You want to share your knowledge with others.
- You want to visit Cleveland!
Sunday, June 2nd 2019
The pre-meeting dinner and talk will be open to all OHDSI members attending the doc-a-thon as well as our partners in Cleveland (University Hospitals Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Metro Health and the Veterans Affairs Louis Stoke Hospital)
|4:30-6:00pm||OHDSI Community talk by Patrick Ryan and other leaders||WRB Auditorium|
|6:00-7:30pm||Buffet dinner and networking||WRB Lobby|
DAY 1 – Monday, June 3rd 2019
The doc-a-thon will be organized in two sessions: before and after lunch. Each session will be divided in three groups running the study step in parallel. At the end of each day, each of the 6 groups will present their documentation.
|9:00-9:30am||Introductions and Work Plan||WRB Auditorium|
|12:30-1:30pm||Lunch||WRB 1223A Area|
|6:30pm||Dinner||WRB 1223A Area|
DAY 2 – Tuesday, June 4th 2019
|12:00-1:00pm||Lunch||WRB 1223A Area|
|3:00-4:00pm||Work completed, wrap up and next steps||WRB Auditorium|
Specific questions to address:
- Find patients who initiate ACE inhibitor monotherapy as first-line treatment for hypertension
- Find patients who initiate thiazide diuretic monotherapy as first-line treatment for hypertension
- Find acute myocardial infarction events
- Find angioedema events Characterization problem: Compare baseline characteristics (demographics, prior conditions/drugs/procedures) between (a) patients who initiate ACE inhibitor monotherapy as first-line treatment for hypertension and (b) patients who initiate thiazide diuretic monotherapy as first-line treatment for hypertension.
- Amongst patients who initiate (a) first-line ACE inhibitor monotherapy or (b) thiazide diuretic monotherapy
- What proportion will develop (a) acute myocardial infarction, and (b) angioedema in next year following exposure?
- To compare the hazards of (a) acute myocardial infarction and (b) angioedema between the target cohort of patients who initiate first-line ACE inhibitor monotherapy and the comparator cohort of patients who initiate first-line thiazide diuretic monotherapy during the time-at-risk from 1 day after exposure start until end of continuous
exposure (e.g. ‘on treatment’).
- Amongst patients who initiate first-line ACE inhibitor monotherapy, which go on to develop (a) acute myocardial infarction, and (b) angioedema in next year following exposure?
The 2019 F2F will take place at Case Western Reserve University, Wolstein Research Building located at 2103 Cornell Rd, Cleveland, OH 44106. Directions are available here:
COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT
ADDRESS: 2021 Cornell Road Cleveland, Ohio 44106
GLIDDEN HOUSE HOTEL
ADDRESS: 1901 Ford Drive Cleveland, Ohio 44106
HOLIDAY INN CLEVELAND CLINIC
ADDRESS: 8650 Euclid Avenue Cleveland, Ohio 44106
INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTER
ADDRESS: 9801 Carnegie Avenue Cleveland, Ohio 44106
ADDRESS: 8800 Euclid Avenue Cleveland, Ohio 44106
TUDOR ARMS HOTEL
ADDRESS: 10660 Carnegie Avenue Cleveland, Ohio 44106
WASHINGTON PLACE BISTRO & INN
ADDRESS: 2203 Cornell Rd Cleveland, OH 44106
PHONE: (216) 791-6500
This is a working meeting. All in attendance are expected to participate in discussions and contribute their knowledge and skills to each session they attend.