Notes from Patient Visualization WG at 2017 OHDSI F2F
- Current ATLAS division of 1) hierarchy from the concept_ancestor table and 2) relationships from the concept_relationship table is not ideal:
- It’s not a helpful distinction for users;
- It hides important hierarchical relationships from non-standard vocabularies.
- We should probably combine certain ancestor and concept relationships in a new UI, but there are other distinctions we should preserve or add (whether relationships are hierarchical, mapping, etc.)
- Feature like breadcrumbs to allow users to see how they navigated to a particular place, allowing them to backtrack or revisit previous points; but rather than single links, breadcrumb entries would themselves be rich, interactive, informative components.
- Need more work with users to see what features to expose.