Thank you for your interest in the 2022 OHDSI Collaborators Showcase! We are delighted that you are considering joining our research community and presenting your work at this year’s symposium showcase. The OHDSI Symposium will be held in person Oct. 14-16 this year at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, and the collaborator showcase will take place during the main symposium on Oct. 14.
OHDSI’s mission is to improve health by empowering a community to collaboratively generate evidence that promotes better health decisions and better care. We envision a world in which observational research produces a comprehensive understanding of health and disease. To achieve this goal, OHDSI has formed a multi-stakeholder, interdisciplinary collaboration that aims to bring out the value of health data through large-scale analytics and open-source software tools. OHDSI has established a global community of observational health researchers and a research network covering over 810 million patients.
OHDSI’s achievements to date would not be possible if not for the hard work of our growing community members. Our annual Collaborator Showcase provides our community the opportunity to share their tremendous work. Over the last two years, the OHDSI community produced more than 200 posters/talks/demos for our Collaborator Showcase.
Once again, we are inviting collaborators to participate in the Collaborator Showcase for this year’s 2022 OHDSI Symposium. Collaborators will have the opportunity to submit their work for poster presentations, oral talks, and software demonstrations.
Topics of interest include:
– Observational data standards and management
– Methodological research
– Open-source analytics development
– Clinical research from OHDSI’s analytic use cases:
• Clinical characterization
• Population-level estimation
• Patient-level prediction
– Community development
The showcase will be structured to highlight posters, oral talks, and software demonstrations.
We are currently working out all the details for the 2022 OHDSI Symposium. Please continue to join our community calls (Tuesdays, 11 am ET), check the forums, MSTeams, the OHDSI website and social platforms, as well as emails from OHDSI Events manager, to learn more details about an informative and productive showcase this year!
1) POSTER: a poster-board to present a static display summary of your latest research; poster measurements are to be a horizontal-orientation and 48″long x 36″high is the maximum size. Please create a paper-type poster as the poster boards at the symposium will be cork; please do not use foam core. As always you may use the traditional poster template or the Mike Morrison poster template which was introduced a few years ago. Both can be found below.
We have two poster templates below should you want to use them:
The traditional poster template is available here.
The Mike Morrison poster template is available here.
The FedEx store near the hotel can assist you with your poster printing.
Contact: FedEx Print and Ship, 12125 Rockville Pike Rockville, MD 20852
Phone: (301) 881-6810
Website: FedEx Office – Rockville, MD – 12125 Rockville Pike 20852 – Print & Ship | Kinkos
2) ORAL PRESENTATION: a 7-minute podium presentation to verbally share your story with the community. In addition, if you are selected to give an oral talk, you will also be responsible for creating a poster to submit for the showcase so the community can ask you questions about your work.
3) SOFTWARE DEMONSTRATION: an interactive display of open-source analytics; a table and monitor will be provided.
A brief report submission template can be found here: Submission Template. The document can be downloaded as a Microsoft Word document by clicking on the link and selecting File->Download As…-> Microsoft Word (.docx).
Each presenting author should upload their document as a PDF. The submission should meet the following guidelines:
- Maximum 1000 words of text (exclusive of references/citations/tables/figures)
- Maximum 10 MB
- Clearly state the names of all co-authors and list them in the order that will appear on the presentation (please do not include titles or degree/certificate credentials)
- Have the following components: Title, Background, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- References/citations are recommended (maximum 15; suggested style is Vancouver).
- Unpublished in the peer-review literature at the time of submission; preprints are acceptable
- [Optional] up to 3 additional Figures or tables can be added to support description of the methods or results
By submitting your work, the presenting author (or representative) agrees to present at the OHDSI Symposium in person if their work is selected. Your document should be saved as a PDF using the following naming convention, where the “firstname” and “lastname” correspond to the name of the presenting author, and “title” should include keywords that summarize the title: firstname-lastname_title_2022symposium
As we have done over the last two years, we strongly suggest all showcase participants create a video about their work that is shared over the OHDSI social platforms following the symposium. The video must be .mp4 format, under 2:20 in time and < 512 MB. Over the last two years, video submissions were viewed more than 5,400 times on the OHDSI twitter feed. Those videos will be due prior to the symposium; please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.
- All submissions were due no later than 8pm (EST) on Friday, June 24.
- All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the OHDSI Scientific Review Committee between June 25-July 24.
- If you have been selected to present your work for the 2022 Symposium Collaborators Showcase, you will be notified via email by Wednesday, August 3, 2022. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NOTIFICATION IS EXTENDED TO AUGUST 8 DUE TO THE RECORD-BREAKING NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED.
- Please fill out the Conflict of Interest (COI) form below at time of submission.
Note that you need a google account to access the submission form. You can create an account here Create a Google Account – Google Account Help
Should you need additional assistance, please email us at symposium@ohdsi.