Daisuke Koide, R.Ph.,HIM,Ph.D.
Project Professor, Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo
Daisuke Koide holds a pharmacist’s license and a doctorate in health science from the University of Tokyo. For over twenty years, Dr. Koide’s work has focused on pharmacoepidemiology and health informatics.
He has served as vice president of Japanese society for pharmacoepidemiology. He had been involved in ICH E2B (Clinical Safety Data Management: Data Element for Transmission of Individual Case Safety Reports) for more than 10 years. He was also in charge of US Sentinel like Project (MID-NET in Japan) and this large clinical database infrastructure is available for active pharmacovigilance and risk-benefit assessment.
1) Ono S, Ono Y, Koide D, Yasunaga H: Relationship between severe respiratory depression and codeine-containing antitussives in children: a nested case-control study. J Epidemiol. 2019 Mar 2. doi: 10.2188/jea.JE20180224.
2) Ando T, Ooba N, Mochizuki M, Koide D, Kimura K, Lee SL, Setoguchi S, Kubota K. Positive predictive value of ICD-10 codes for acute myocardial infarction in Japan: a validation study at a single center. BMC Health Serv Res. 2018 Nov 26;18(1):895. doi: 10.1186/s12913-018-3727-0.
3) Kubota K, Ooba N, Kamijima Y, Sato K, Koide D. The use of anticoagulants in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation between 2005 and 2014: A drug utilization study using claims data in Japan. PLoS One. 2018 Sep 5;13(9):e0203380. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0203380. eCollection 2018.
4) Akiko Kishi, Ichiro Uchida, Daisuke Koide, Kyoko Imamura. Japanese Initiative for Education in Pharmaceutical Medicine and Clinical Research Training. J Med Dev Sci. 3(1);1-10, 2017. doi: 10.18063/JMDS.2017.01.166
5) Suzuki K, Koide D, Fujii K, Yamazaki T, Tsuji S, Iwata A: Elevated Serum Uric Acid Levels Are Related to Cognitive Deterioration in an Elderly Japanese Population. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord Extra. 6(3): 580-8, 2016. (DOI:10.1159/000454660)
6) Kubota K, Kamijima Y, Sato T, Ooba N, Koide D, Iizuka H, Nakagawa H. Epidemiology of psoriasis and palmoplantar pustulosis: a nationwide study using the Japanese national claims database. BMJ Open. 2015 Jan 14;5(1):e006450. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2014-006450
7) Lee SL, Hashimoto H, Kohro T, Horiguchi H, Koide D, Komuro I, Fushimi K, Yamazaki T, Yasunaga H: Influence of Municipality-Level Mean Income on Access to Aortic Valve Surgery: A Cross-Sectional Observational Study under Japan’s Universal Health-Care Coverage. PLoS One. 2014 Oct 31;9(10):e111071. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0111071. eCollection 2014.
8) Lee SL, Daimon M, Kawata T, Kohro T, Kimura K, Nakao T, Koide D, Watanabe M, Yamazaki T, Komuro I: Estimation of right atrial pressure on inferior vena cava ultrasound in asian patients. Circ J. 78(4): 962-6. 2014 (PMID: 24476843 )
9) Daisuke Koide, Mihoko Okada, Gou Masuda, Yukinori Konishi: Feasibility Testing of the New Individual Case Safety Report (ICSR) in Japan. the 16th JSPE and 5th ACPE joint meeting. p48, 2010.
10) Daisuke Koide. Current Status and Future View of Electronic Data Exchange Format on Pharmaceutical Development. The 6th Annual Japan DIA meeting. p109-114. 2009.
11) George Ochieng Otieno, Toyama Hinako, Asonuma Motohiro, Koide Daisuke, Naitoh Keiko: Measuring effectiveness of electronic medical records systems: Towards building a composite index for benchmarking hospitals. Int J Med Inform 77(10):657-69. 2008.
12) Daisuke Koide, Hisako Matsuba, Hiroyuki Furukawa, Kiyoshi Kubota, Takahiro Kiuchi: Pharmaceutical Safety Reporting System on UMIN. Medinfo.2007 (CD):p131, 2007.
13) George Ochieng Otieno, Hinako Toyama, Motohiro Asonuma, Daisuke Koide, Keiko Naitoh; Sophistication of information technology in healthcare: A comparison among a sample of hospitals in Japan. Electronic Journal of Health Informatics 2(2)e12:1-13,2007.
14) Koide D, Asonuma M, Naito K, Igawa S, Shimizu S: Evaluation of electronic health records from viewpoint of patients. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. 122:304-8, 2006.
15) Koide D, Peskin E: New uses for computer in medical education, clinical practice, and patient safety in the US and Japan. Progress in Informatics, 1(2). P.3-15. 2005.
16) Koide D, Kaihara S.: The virtual hospital system bridges the split between lectures and practical training in health service management. Medinfo.2004 (CD):p1689; 2004.
17) Kubota K, Koide D, Hirai T:Comparison of data mining methodologies using Japanese spontaneous reports. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 13(6):387-94. 2004.
18) Ohyama Y, Funao K, Kawabe E, Hayashi D, Yamazaki T, Iga T, Koide D, Ohe K, Kubota K: Calcium channel blockers and myocardial infarction: a case–control study in a Japanese hospital. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 11(6): 487-92. 2002.
19) Daisuke Koide, Kazuhiko Ohe: Applying Data Mining to Detection of Adverse Drug Reactions. MEDINFO 2001. V.L.Patel Eds. IOS Press Amsterdam:1421.2001.
20) Daisuke Koide: Electronic Safety Information in Japan. The regulatory affairs journal : 283-285, 2001.
21) Daisuke Koide, Kazuhiko Ohe, Dennis Ross-Degnan, Shigekoto Kaihara: Computerized reminders to monitor liver function to improve the use of etretinate. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 57(1): 11-19. 2000.