WEEKLY COMMUNITY CALL MEETING
Please join our Sept. 5 (11 am ET) community call for a look at the DARWIN EU® Progress and Roadmap. DARWIN EU® is an initiative that works to deliver real-world evidence from across Europe on diseases, populations and the uses and performance of medicines. As the program enters Phase III, members of the leadership team will provide an update on both its progress and goals. This presentation will be led by:
• Peter Rijnbeek (Professor of Medical Informatics and Chair, Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus MC)
• Katia Verhamme (Associate Professor of Use and Analysis of Observational Data, Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus MC)
• Ed Burn (Senior Researcher in Epidemiology and Health Economics, University of Oxford)
Everybody is invited. Calendar invites went out last week. If you did not receive one, please use this link to join the meeting. All recordings from these weekly calls are available within our Teams environment and will be posted on both our YouTube page and our OHDSI.org Community Calls page.
Clair Blacketer developed and shared the 2023 OMOP CDM Survey, which will be used to build our list of databases currently using the OMOP CDM and Standard Vocabularies. This is a very brief survey, and it will help OHDSI understand the range and reach of the OMOP CDM. Please fill this out by THIS FRIDAY, Sept. 8 so all databases can be added to the 2023 edition of Our Journey!
• The deadline to contribute to the Phenotype Library for the OHDSI2023 HowOften Workshop is Sept. 15. Learn more about the event and what is needed beforehand in this forum post.
• Research from the 2023 Europe Symposium Collaborator Showcase in Rotterdam can be viewed on the Europe Symposium Showcase homepage. Research is also being shared daily on OHDSI’s LinkedIn and Twitter feeds as part of the #OHDSISocialShowcase. Below are posters (with study leads) featured this week:
Tuesday – DARWIN EU®: Assessing the data quality at data partner onboarding (Sofia Bazakou)
Wednesday – Drug utilisation of valproate-containing medicinal products in women of childbearing age: a network study part of DARWIN EU® (Albert Prats-Uribe)
Thursday – Are scaphoid fractures osteoporotic? (Yonathan Schwarcz)
• All presentations from the 2023 OHDSI Europe Symposium are now available on the symposium homepage. These include a presentation on European Initiatives Using the OMOP CDM, a session on OMOP Oncology: Paving the Way for Patient-Centric Cancer Care, and a series of rapid-fire presentations.
• All presentations from the 2023 OHDSI APAC Symposium are now available on the symposium homepage. These include a presentation on Transforming health: What do regulators, clinicians, and consumers really want to know about healthcare and how can OHDSI help, a session on Real-World Evidence Use in Medicines Regulation that focuses on DARWIN EU®, and a series of lightning talks.
• Titan Award nominations are now open. To recognize OHDSI collaborators (or collaborating institutions) for their contributions towards OHDSI’s mission, the OHDSI Titan Awards were introduced at the 2018 Symposium and have been handed out at the U.S./Global Symposium each year since. You can nominate a community member for a 2023 Titan Award now; the deadline is Sept. 15, 2023.
• The OHDSI Global Symposium will host our first ever ‘OHDSI Got Talent’ event. As with the popular television series, we will have a series of contestants perform 4-6 minute routines to showcase their talent, and a panel of judges will share their thoughts on what they have seen. The OHDSI community will vote for their favorite and we will crown a winner! Do you sing or play a musical instrument? Do you dance? Can you do magic or comedy? Do you have some other unique skill that you can demonstrate in 6 minutes or less? We want to see it! If you are interested in participating, please fill out this form. The deadline to submit this form is 8pm ET on Friday, September 22; you will be notified of your acceptance by Friday, September 29.
• The new Community Dashboard is now available on OHDSI.org. The dashboard includes tracking sites for publications, YouTube videos, EHDEN Academy courses, network studies, the phenotype explorer, and opportunities.
HADES Development Announcements
• Martijn Schuemie announced the release of ParallelLogger 3.3.0. This includes a bugfix necessary to keep ParallelLogger in CRAN, as well as switching the backend for sending e-mails from mailR to sendMailR.
• Egill Fridgeirsson announced the release of PatientLevelPrediction 6.3.5. This includes a fix to serialize decision trees in latest scikit-learn (1.3.0) as well as updating how we setup python environments for continuous integration.
• Joel Swerdel announced the release of PheValuator 2.2.10. It adds the capability to evaluate visits that occurred only while a subject was a member of the inclusion cohort. The inclusion cohort may be used to designate specific subjects and time periods for the evaluation cohort.
The 2023 OHDSI Global Symposium will be held Oct. 20-22 at the NEW location of the Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center in East Brunswick, N.J. Below are all the critical links you will need for the weekend.
Please note that the weekend activity sign-ups are located on the main registration link above
Accessing MSTeams: To join OHDSI Teams, please fill out this form: Join OHDSI Teams
If you are already in the OHDSI Teams environment and you would like to join work groups in teams, please fill out this form: Join Workgroups, Chapters, and Studies
Teams Best Practices and Guidance: For guidance on MS Teams, please check out this link
Duplicate email removal from OHDSI Teams: As you should always be using one email in OHDSI Teams when joining all workgroups, you may remove duplicate emails by filling out this form
To unsubscribe from Teams, please fill out this form
Please continue to collaborate in our MS Teams environment, check out the OHDSI website and forums , and follow us on all platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn to get continued updates and information on everything happening in our community