OHDSI’s mission is to improve health, by empowering a community to collaboratively generate the evidence that promotes better health decisions and better care. As a community we envision a world in which observational research produces a comprehensive understanding of health and disease. OHDSI promotes a collaborative approach to research and has rapidly grown into a vibrant international community. Everyone is welcome to actively participate in OHDSI, whether as a patient, a health professional, a researcher, or someone who simply believes in our cause.
The 5th annual OHDSI symposium will promote this vision and provide OHDSI collaborators an opportunity to share our accomplishments with the broader healthcare community. The day will include a collaborator showcase involving a poster session to highlight OHDSI’s research achievements and interactive demonstrations of OHDSI’s open-source software tools that will revolutionize how medical evidence is generated.
The 2019 OHDSI symposium will take place on Monday, September 16 at the at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, located at 5701 Marinelli Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852.**Registration for tutorials is separate from registration for the main symposium.
**There is no fee to attend the symposium. Symposium Registration is open!
Stakeholders from the following organizations who would benefit from the presentations and discussions during and following this event, include but are not limited to:
- FDA, CMS, CDC, NIH, AHRQ, HHS, PCORI, DoD
- AMIA, Technology and Software developers
- Academia, Centers of Excellence
- Groups involved in the discovery of new pathways for treatment of cancer and other diseases
- Pharmaceutical and Device Industry
- Health-care start-ups, Healthcare payers and providers
- Clinicians, Patients, and Disease-focused Patient Advocates and Foundations
- Data standardization organizations
- People most interested in addressing these issues, because they are the most directly affected by the problems.
- Senior management interested in breaking the cycle
SYMPOSIUM REGISTRATION: Symposium Registration Page
TUTORIAL WORKSHOP INFORMATION: Tutorial Workshops Information Page
TUTORIAL WORKSHOP REGISTRATION: Tutorial Workshops Registration Page
COLLABORATOR SHOWCASE INFORMATION: Collaborator Showcase Page
COLLABORATOR SHOWCASE SUBMISSIONS: Collaborator Showcase Submissions Page
CREATIVE SUBMISSIONS: Creative Submissions Page